C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Brent Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 26 Dec 2003 22:20:59 -0500
If you mean _literally_ a modem/ethernet card combo (where the dsl modem
circuitry and the ethernet card circuitry are in one package that resides
_inside_ your computer, then you are probably SOL if you are running Windows
98 or Me.

Doing TCP/IP networking is next-to-impossible on 98 under the best of
circumstances, but modem "sharing" _REQUIRES_ an external dsl modem
connected to a router (not a hub).

The equipment they gave you (unless I am misunderstanding you) will not
allow multiple computers to share a dsl line under 98 or Me.

Sorry.

Brent