C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 10 Dec 2004 20:54:51 EST
In a message dated 12/10/2004 12:23:09 PM Central Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:
> Again, academically we have continued to keep pace although his
> output is behind because he doesn't have the required stamina to do lengthy
> output.  But he is getting there.
Hi Cheryl,
What you have said here piques my interest.  How do you verify that your son
keeps pace with the slower output?  I understand what you mean about output.
But how do you verify?

We live in Texas where unfortunately the
> school district looked at these guys as a problem to be dealt with by
> providing great babysitting because otherwise they would have to provide
> real service and equipment.  (The school fought providing assistive
> technology to both of these guys...the one drives his wheelchair with his
> head and uses a communication device as well as the computer.)  Hopefully,
> you are in a supportive district.

Wow, can I relate!  Where are you?  We are in Justin, Northwest ISD.  These
guys fought me in the most underhanded and unethical ways.  I finally decided I
could spend the effort fighting with them, or spend the effort getting my son
where he needed to be.  My son won.  I didn't consider their babysitting
services to be so great.

Wanda