C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Kyle E. Cleveland" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Feb 2000 13:01:44 -0500
Suite Judy Blue-Eyes, what a deal!  That's why I want to stay in Public
Service as long as I can.  I've been working FT since I was 19-ish (paid my
way through school, uphill, both ways), so I've got a pretty good FICA sum,
but I'm wondering how my Public Employees Retirement is going to be impacted
by that.  If I can keep all the body parts moving in one direction, I'd like
to get twenty years total in the guv'ment (provided my ship and Pulitzer
Prize winning novel don't come in).  Like Ken, I worry about keepin' on
keepin' on, what with the pain, et. al.

My Dad, as you know, is a double-dipper.  He worked twenty years in the Ohio
School System (same retirement program I'm in) and bought a bunch of
military time too.  He made less at the end of his career than Mom, but his
retirement check is about a third greater.  His medical coverage is a pretty
groovy thang too!

Like I said before, I heartily recommend any pwd (No, Laura, no matter the
state of our checkbook, it doesn't stand for "poor white dad") consider
government or state academic service based on ADA compliance, flexible
sick-leave bennies, great medical insurance.  The list goes on.  At my
physiatrist's at Ohio State, they have an office-full of various gimpy-types
like ourselves.  The university really goes out of its way to accomodate.

So, you planning on staying at Graceland or are you looking to move closer
to the grandkids?

-Kyle