C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Salkin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Sep 2002 12:34:16 -0400
Some of them have been known to make absurd statements. For example:

"Six million people died in concentration camps, but six billion broiler
chickens will die this year in slaughterhouses." -- Ingrid Newkirk, PeTA

"Pet Ownership is an absolutely abysmal situation brought about by human
manipulation." -- Ingrid Newkirk, PeTA

"(Pets) are slaves, even if well-kept slaves." -- PeTA's Statement on
Companion Animals

(From American Policy website,
http://www.americanpolicy.org/prop/protestingpeter.htm)

I believe in the humane treatment of animals but find the above statements
ludicrous.  How can they compare chickens to the Jews who died in
concentration camps?

Kat