C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Viola Faria <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Sep 1999 23:27:50 EDT
In a message dated 9/30/99 1:24:15 PM Central Daylight Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

<< . What alternitive therpies you have found usfel and for what purposes?  >>

For what my opinion is worth, I think it's very useful information to put on
your site.  We have used chriopractic care since my daughter was 5, we tried
crainal sacral therapy (bad on spelling), both improved balance and tremors.
The crainal work improved sitting posture, balance and help tremendously with
the tremors.  However not all people who do crainal work were good.  I only
found 2 who were exceptional and my daughter showed very marked improvement
with them.  We also use massage therapy, as it helps with the spastic, and
tight muscles.  Helped with keeping her body relaxed enough to improve her
walking and general movement.  When she went for 2 or 3 months without a
massage, you could really see the difference.  We know have added
accupuncture.  It's helped with her immune system, improving her stamina.
Before we started these treatments, she was always tired, and sick allllllll
the time.  Now she can do a full day of school, therapy, and homework and
still get up the next day and do it all over again.  Except for this past
week, she has not gotten sick since we started with accupuncture.  It has
also helped with back pain, due to recent surgery, and headaches, dizzyness,
and reduced, to a small degree-so far, the shocking in her legs.  As to date
the quickest and most improvement in a short period of time has been through
accupuncture.  We have also used diet, a wheat, dairy, and meat free diet.
It helped tremendously with asthma.  We also eliminated all sugar one time,
for a few weeks, and that cleared up all gastrointestinal problems.  Regular
medical just kept giving us pills for ulcers and pain medication.  At this
point, any doctor that says take a pain pill, I chose to find alternative
medicine.  It may take a little longer to work, but your not full of drugs,
and sleeping your life away, nor being cranky and irriatable.

So much for my 2 cents worth.