C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 19 Nov 2000 17:23:13 -0500
I was wondering if any of you had any tips for staying warm during and/or
after showering.  Since daylight savings time and winter have arrived, it's
getting harder and harder to shower during the warmer daylight hours.  The
cold makes me stiffer and more spastic, to the extend that I'm afraid of
falling off of my shower chair, not to mention freezing and miserable.  I
feel the cold acutely because I have poor circulation in my legs.  Are these
reactions to cold common with CP?  What's the best way to get around them?
Thanks!

~Joy~