C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dana Marshall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Oct 1999 22:18:46 -0700
Actually, the catheter is in the area between the spine and spinal column,
sitting in the spinal fluid. It does NOT touch the spinal cord at all. I
had the trial and was amazed at how loose my muscles were. I am TOTALLY
pain free with the pump, my spasticity is very manageable now, even though
I did have to have them up the dosage of baclofen - my left leg did a 10
minute dance as I tried to get out of bed this morning. *sigh* Anyways, I
would do it all over again if I had to. The relief from constant pain was
what I was shooting for, but I also got the ability to stretch my legs and
the rest of my body (exercise), in Physical Therapy, and it doesn't HURT.
I'm a bit sore, but it's not the battle it was in Junior High. :) Have the
trial done and if you respond well, email me privately, and I'll write up
EXACTLY what happened, and how I felt when the pump was implanted, and I'll
answer any of your questions. The pump is NOT for everyone, but it was
right for me.

Dana Marshall
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Styx/5326