C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Fri, 18 Feb 2000 21:31:37 -0500
Are the PT's assessing daily positioning needs?  Could he benefit from a
Benik neoprene vest to help with body awareness? Have they tried functional
electrical stimulation? Don't feel like you failed, movement is complicated.
Does your son have a lot of unintegrated reflex movement (eg. extensor ) or
uses a lot of compensation techniques?  Also, have him check his AFO's if he
wears them.  Get him out of the chairs and onto the floor in prone at lot.
It helps with the tightness in the muscles and gives them a nice prolong
stretch, this is especially effective over a rolled blanket or on a wedge
while doing something he likes.

Beth the OT