C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Fri, 29 Jun 2007 11:03:31 -0600
I swore I'd never be a "cat person," but...

"Domestication" is in the eye of the beholder - we've got two cats,
Molly and Liza, who have both been indoor cats since we got them.
Molly spent the first 10 weeks of her life as a barn cat, and would
still love to be an outdoor cat.  Liza has never spent any time
outside, and is quite content to stay in the house with an occa-sional
foray into the garage after a moth, or to roll in the dust on the
garage floor.  We've got a streak on the wall right by the ceiling
above the dresser wher Molly jumped to catch a moth.  We thought about
scrubbing it, but decided to leave it to remind us just how
"domesticated" she is!

The cats actually get along better with the dog than they do each other.

"The earliest archaeological evidence of cat domestication dates back
9,500 years, when cats were thought to have lived alongside humans in
settlement sites in Cyprus"

--

Kendall

-George Bernard Shaw 1856-1950