C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 8 Apr 2001 21:14:55 +0800
Beth,
I loved McCaffrey, esp. the Pern series.  `Memoirs of a Geisha' is
WONDERFUL!!  I'm more of a fantasy fan than sci-fi.  Have you read
Sheri S Tepper?  If you like fairy tales you will love `Beauty'.  She
takes a number of different fairy tales, reworks and combines them
into a wonderful novel, she is futuristic with an eco-feminist slant,
but doesn't preach or browbeat.  All her novels are wonderful.  Also,
my absolute favourite fantasy author is Charles De Lint, a marvelous
Candadian author, `The Little Country' is my favourite.  I would crawl
across broken glass to get hold of his books - alright... I am
exaggerating.  But he writes the sort of stuff that change the way you
see the world.

Rayna