C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Salkin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Sep 2002 14:58:06 -0400
I agree, but tell me, how are we going to convince millions of Americans to
give up their gas-guzzling cars?  We tried 25 years ago and it didn't work
then, and won't work now. The number of mammouth SUV's out there on the road
is BIG.  We Americans have too much of a love affair with our cars to give
them up.

I drive a Ford Festiva, a tiny bug of a car which gets 33 miles to the gallon
even with automatic transmission.

Also, the impact of the loss of revenue from the US would be made up in
shipments elsewhere.  We may be a major importer of oil, but we are not the
only customer.

Kat