C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Deri James <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Aug 2002 01:22:28 +0100
On Saturday 17 Aug 2002 12:21 am, Anthony Arnold wrote:
> I know that I'm going to receive some e-mails mad at me for saying
> this again, but Kathy Jo has other problems besides Cerebral Palsy,
> and I feel that sometimes she starts these discussions that
> generates a number of e-mail messages just to entertain her other
> disabilities.  I have met Pinks in person, and I think if she was
> abused, they would do something about it.
>
> Thanks,
> Anthony
>
> Visit me at http://www.ara1.net/

Kathy told us of the "abuse" at Cornerstone around the beginning of
June:-

" I was asked if I would go to bed with him by a particular client.
This particular client then asked me if I would love him."

Kathy then sensibly told the Cornerstone staff what he had said
("within minutes or seconds") and received many apologies in the
following days. It should also  be borne in mind that the
"perpetrators" disabilities meant that "he doesn't know everything
what he is saying".

It seems that Kathy did exactly the right thing, and the staff acted
appropriately.

I do have a vague recollection of an unfortunate incident at her
Summer Camp 3 or 4 years ago, where again I thought Kathy had done
the right thing.

Putting things in perspective.

Cheers

Deri