C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Mon, 7 Oct 2002 11:03:22 -0400
Agreed, Bobby.  I know that Laura has expressed resentment, in weaker
moments, that I told her things would not get worse.  I can see her point of
view, too, in that when we met my only outward indication of a disability
was a very slight limp.  Hell, it was nothing for me to bike a couple
hundred miles in a weekend.  When things started to change, it was virtually
overnight.

Bobby, have there been any studies done with respect to emotional illness
and CP (e.g., depression, hypochondriasis, etc.)?  I'm wondering if my
current "funk" is situational or neuro-chemical.  If the latter, I wonder if
it could be related to the CP (?).

-Kyle