C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Tamar Raine <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 24 Nov 2003 23:34:48 -0800
yes, my family would have perished under the czar of Russia. Grandfather
escaped to Austria, then came to the US.  I don't know how the other part
of my family who emigrated to Israel feels about Israel. (there were 250 of
them) But to not be punished for being Jewish, to not fear the Russian
Pogams where the czar's henchmen would travel from village to village and
execute the Jews... I'd say that even if they have to live six people in a
2 room flat in Israel, it's a much nicer life than living in Russia. (just
goes to prove that color of skin doesn't mean you will not be hunted down
or put into ghettos.)

Tamar Magenta Raine

Oakland Mayor's Commission on People with disabilities