C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 1 Dec 2000 12:27:18 EST
What a painful thing to read!  The history of the US wasn't recorded
correctly the first time.  I'm not talking about a "rewrite," for crying out
loud.

Why settle for lies?  Is this what our country is about?

I tell you now, the truth is being told. The thin veneer of falsehood is
being stripped away, as it should.  We cannot hide the truth from our
children and they will come to resent us for our efforts to do so.

If it's the pendulum effect you are worried about, finding comfort in not
remember and telling the facts will cause it to swing back with such force
that it will slam future generations we claim to be protecting.  Freedom is
found in truth, not lies.

If nothing else, I wonder if this thread has caused anyone to even bother to
consider scrutinizing their teenager's history books?

Do you really think I would rather not know with certainty that I am
completely wrong?

In a message dated 12/01/2000 7:23:18 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> Go ahead and
>  rewrite history if it makes you feel better but what are you doing about
>  today to stop the same thing from happening?

Betty
aut viam inveniam aut faciam
"I will either find a way or make one."