C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mary Katherine Powers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Sep 2006 05:49:04 -0400
that's interesting - mine have all worked on their own.  in 2 cases I
got referrals, but the doctors (I ended up switching primary care
doctors) referred me and let the PTs do their thing.  I can't remember
if I complained about PT to the first doctor, but I did to the second
doctor.  His reaction was to tell me that the PTs were the experts and
that I should complete the course of treatment and then they would
write him a letter and he would review it with me, and if there were
problems, he would discuss at that point.  Since I felt it wasn't
helping, I wasn't willing to keep going back for a month.

I guess technically, they were working with my doctors because the
doctors were informed, but in reality, they were independent of
advice/suggestions from my doctors once I was referred.  Is that what
you mean about that's how it's supposed to work?