C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Kyle E. Cleveland" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Feb 2000 09:48:32 -0500
mags-

I mean that I feel more comfortable with my saftey and competency handling
firearms than I do driving--not that I consider myself an unsafe driver,
it's just that with a firearm the person that has the gun in his hand has
total control.  Not so in a vehicle--a wheel could fall off, say, or someone
else could cross the median and hit you.

I think about firearm safety a lot too:  my seven year old, if she really
wanted to, could get the car keys off the hook, start the car and drive down
the road.  With the guns, the ammunition is in one safe, the weapons are in
another, and nobody except Laura and me have the combinination.  It's not
written down anywhere.

My point being is that guns and cars are neither inherently safe or unsafe.
It's the individual operator that's the safety make-or-break pont.

-KYle