C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"I. S. MARGOLIS" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
I. S. MARGOLIS
Date:
Sun, 14 May 2000 14:54:27 -0400
Better a bus than burning down your house.

Unlike others I'm not convinced your muscles tense only from the
anticipation of fear, performance anxiety, or solely psychological bases.
You may be experiencing muscle tension-spasm events which tend. once
triggered, to escalate and compel you to cope with themselves whatever the
situation.  You may even "enjoy" muscle lock, in which a whole set of
muscles will tense and get rigid.  This can happen and get troublesome while
trying to cross streets, do chores, etc.  Then obviously fear and anxiety
may escalate, which may stimulate more tension.

Then too it might not be timely to light a candle and breathe deeply.  But
do keep breathing!

S.