C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Magenta Raine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Sep 2002 17:27:58 EDT
Even though it took a long time to end, the violence in n. Ireland has gone
down considerably, I realize it's an uneasy peace, but nevertheless it's a
big step.  It began when mothers started protesting the violence on both
sides.  I haven't heard of many incidents in a long time.

I truly believe that it begins with a few people saying, "We must end this"
and it begins with meetings, and tea & cookies, or beer and hot dogs, and it
means putting human life as sacred above all. We can gloss over -- what's it
called? -- oh yes, incidental deaths of civilians, or we can stand up and
say, no, enough killing!

There are many like my sister working for reconciliation between Israelis and
Palestinians, and by God, she was climbing over piles of rubble to get into
Bethlehem, and stayed with Christian peace workers, and their Arab friends
and neighbors. She told of Mennonites who will walk between people and try to
calm a dispute, and they also ride buses looking for bombers, and sometimes
they just bear witness with a video camera. She was there when the Israelis
put a curfew on the town, and she learned what it was like to have the town's
only doctor get shot in cold blood, and the only Arab medical clinic was
bombed to rubble.  And she was welcomed into a tent where all they had to
offer her was some juice..........

More later.
mag

If you use Ebay to shop online, You can shop Ebay from my website!
We are also offering Long Distance at 3.9 cents a minute!
If you want to donate to a worthy cause, and you have at least 10 LD
customers,
iti will give $1.00 for every customer, to your cause every month!
so 70 people -->  $70.00,   200 people --> $200 to your cause each month!
www.itilink.com/traine.iti