C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kendall David Corbett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Aug 2004 17:14:26 -0600
At first, it struck me as strange to hear you refer to "Jewish
atheists,"
But then it occurred to me that "being Jewish" is much more a cultural
identity than being Christian since the Christian faith is made up of so
many different sects, and even divisions within these sects.  I was
raised in the Episcopal Church, and in my lifetime there have been two
events that have split, or threaten to split that denomination (the
ordination of women, and the ordination of gays).

When I was in college I became good friends with an Episcopal priest who
referred to himself as an agnostic.  Jerry had just finished seminary,
and had been exposed to so many different theological concepts, he was
unsure what his beliefs were.  For his sake, I hope that he's either
reconciled his beliefs to something he can truly follow, or has become
more comfortable with the uncertainty he was grappling with.

Kendall Corbett

An unreasonable man (but my wife says that that's redundant!

-George Bernard Shaw 1856-1950