C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Salkin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Dec 2002 13:22:08 -0500
I'm replying via the listserv website from my cousin's pc in Philly.

Good letter, Anthony.  However, 'non-profit' doesn't mean an organization
can run on a negative cash flow, and there has to be some income offsetting
the expenses, or it can't operate.  It's just a designation for tax
purposes, that's all.  If the community hospital needs to offset expenses
to keep operating (pun intended), it has to cut something, unfortunately,
and malpractise costs are sky-high.

Kat