C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jan Nottmeier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Aug 2000 02:10:41 -0400
As I have indicated in past e mails my dating experience has been
horrible.  For the longest time I have tried to find an able bodied
mate.  But for some reason the females I have met are always a bit
perplexed.  Its like they don't know how to react when I ask them out.
Its funny because I have a lot of female "friends" on campus but none of
them are willing to go out with me.  Why is that?  That is the area I
always fall straight on my face about.

 I have traveled alone before to Seminars, to The Grand of Montreal for
a Formula 1 Car Race.  I travel alone because my parents are both older
and do not really care about car races.  I have thought about calling an
escort service while I am up there for a race.  I mean an escort service
for a dinner date, nothing else.  Please don't take this the wrong
way.   But I guess I have always been a bit afraid to do it, that is
calling an escort service and asking them to go to dinner with me.

I guess you could say I'm tired of being alone both when I'm traveling
and am at home. (At home meaning being with my parents but having no
g/f).  It's like a very hard time for me.  Because all my friends from
high school have boy friends and girlfriends.

But right now I'm writing with a 27 year old female who has polio.  She
is going to USC for her doctorate in pharmaceuticals.  So I guess there
is hope.  heh but I guess my chances are like one in a billion for it to
work out.  Even though she lives in LA and I live 120 miles north of
Atlanta in Chattanooga Tennessee.  So I guess that could be trouble oh
well enough depressing stuff for me on dating,

Jan

(As always for list members I am 22 year old male)