C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bobby Greer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Sep 1999 13:55:28 -0500
ISM,

        Thanks for the response. When I was in Israel(toured with Secular
types)
I developed a great respect for the secular Israeli's. They had to serve in
the military, while orthodox Israeli's could get out of service, as I
understood it.
They have very little land and they are surrounded by Arabs. Yet, we traded
with
Palestinians while touring the West Bank, because our guide was an Israeli
soldier. I learned a lot about the New Testament and the geopolitics of
that region. It's funny, before I went there it would have been the last
place on earth I would have chosen. New Jerusalem, to me, was like San
Francisco. I'd walk the streets and just marvel at the different kinds of
people and sights.
Old Jerusalem was spooky(no pun intended) and scary to me. You can have it.

Bobby