C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Thu, 16 Sep 1999 08:33:24 -0400
Viola,
I certainly hope you have been recording who is telling you what.  Have you
gone up the chain of command (teacher, principal, sped director, supervisor,
etc.)?  Have you contacted the local parent groups?  Sometimes like in our
county they have parent ombudsman who can come to meetings with you.
Parents, do you know you can legally ask anyone from outside the school
district to come with you to IEP meetings?  It's best to have someone on
your side who can be objective and help keep you calm.  Tape meetings, keep
notes, demand copies on the spot.  Talk to the therapists individually and
keep track of their recommendations.  Get their notes.  Keep a log.

Hope these few suggestions help.

Elizabeth Hill Thiers, OTR/L
email address: [log in to unmask]
homepage: www.bv.net/~john/bethsot1.html