C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Tamar Raine <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 26 Jan 2005 15:16:53 -0800
One thing that has really helped my hand and finger coordination is
Feldenkrais therapy. I have not talked about it recently because the old
timers here know what I say about it, but Wansa might not know. I have had
Feldenkrais method   bodywork since I was 24.  And despite what a lot of
people think, it is possible for a person with cp to get better
coordination even if one is an adult. It is a gentle touch therapy and it
has helped my hands and feet enormously. my walking is a lot smoother too,
and the past year my speech has improved by many many leaps and bounds.

~Tamar Mag Raine
IM: tamarmag48
Oakland Mayor's Commission on People with disabilities