C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 29 Apr 2003 16:03:41 -0400
Maybe, but don't underestimate the power of an European union.  They've got the clout they didn't before the union, and anti-American sentiment is riding high in Europe because of Iraq.  Bush is not a popular man outside the US.

Of course, if they pressed charges against the US, they'd have to press charges against the UK and Tony Blair as well.  I never said it was a logical move, just a manifestation of anti-American sentiment and a form of protest against the military action in Iraq.  If Bush thought he was home free in this, I think he's mistaken.  He and Blair have underestimated world opinion, I feel.

Kat