C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Yvonne Craig <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Apr 2001 00:26:40 EDT
Oh, please don't switch to private conversations! I love the banter on this
list. I have a hard time sometimes keeping up with all the e-mails and I
can't participate as much as I would like but I like the list just as it is.
I take your point Steve but I can't agree with you. There is something very
special about this list and a huge part of it is the freedom to discuss
anything and everything, from the sublime to the ridiculous. :-)

Joanne, you stated my feelings so eloquently. There is no other place where I
can get a glimpse into the world my son will live in. I have no personal
experience of the world of disability to draw on so without all of you how
can I help him prepare for it? I have learned so much here already. My
awareness of rights issues has been expanded. I have had to examine my own
prejudices, perceptions and pre-conceptions. I have gotten some great advise.
Like Robin I have felt the support and caring from so many of you. (BTW, I am
so pleased to hear Zach is doing so well!) And I have had more than a few
good laughs as well as shed a few tears.

Please keep posting like the wonderful, warm, REAL people that you are,
ribald humour included!

Yvonne
Anthony's Mom
( I guess us parental units are prettty adamant about this, eh?)