C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Linda Macaulay <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Linda Macaulay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 May 2006 09:52:30 -0400
LOL, Ken...I love my ice craem too and last I checked it counts as dairy,
not junk so I still eat it every day just about.  But all kidding aside...I
am a school teacher and it is appalling (sp?) what kids eat.  I allow my
students to bring a snack for mid-morning and if I didn't enforce the
"healthy" rule kids would pull out a soda and a candy bar.  Then at lunch I
watch what the kids take from the lunch line and most go through with no
fruit or veggie, just the required milk and entree...and then they buy
snacks like fruit roll ups, chips, and cookies.  And then, you hear them
talk about how they are going to McDonald's before soccer practice
afterschool!  Yep, we got a lot of unhealthy eaters destined for obesity
even at the age of 10.  So, I am glad schools are cracking down some.  Now
if only parents would do the same!

Linda