C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Deri James <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Aug 2000 01:02:26 +0100
       "Kyle E. Cleveland" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> All well known.  All easily purchased even here in the
> hinterlands.  All ultimately drinkable.
>
> they're not true "microbrews" in the Yank sense of the
> term---microbrews and beers available on the national market
> are mutually exclusive.  There is a certain cachet about
> "microbrew" beers being of better quality, so national
> distributors have latched on to the word as a marketing ploy.
> True microbrews are only available at one pub, generally.  At
> most they are available in one metropolitan region.
>
> More than you ever wanted to know....
>
> -Kyle

Thanks Kyle.

I suspected as much. "Micro Breweries" in the UK are definitely
"small", very regional. The talk was billed as "Micro Breweries
of the USA" and when we queried whether these were in fact "Micro
Brews" he admitted arriving in the UK a few days before to
discover that the consignment he'd shipped a few weeks previous
had not arrived yet, and that he'd gone out and bought these in
the UK (but assured us they were Micro Brews)!!

He thought the consignment was in Amsterdam!! These little
dockside mixups do happen you know (particularly crates labelled
"BEER - Handle with Care"!!).

Cheers

--
Deri James