C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dana Marshall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Sep 1999 19:46:06 -0700
Well put! I am currently doing PT 3 times a week to gain strength in my
legs and arms now that I have reduced spasticity from the baclofen pump. :)
I thought I'd never do PT again after the 9th grade when a therapist
decided to see if she could stretch my right hamstring PAST 90 degrees. I
slugged her when she wouldn't let go after I screamed. Had not been back to
therapy since. Then, I got my pump, and KNEW I need PT to stretch out my
muscles. I'm gaining by 100% each week, and I set my own pace, and I work
hard... which is not really how I planned it, it just happened. I'm hopeing
to also lose the 40 pounds I gained in the last year. *sigh* Because of my
surgery, I am now doing MORE walking than before the surgery, but I was
able to make the decision based on what I knew. Sometimes I wish I'd been
able to make decisions on surgeries when I was a child, but I know WHY I
couldn't. Even when I did make a decision for a surgery at 21, the doctor
screwed me up royally. *sigh* Can't win sometimes.

Elaine, it's your decision, but talk to your daughter, see what she says, too.

Dana Marshall
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Styx/5326

<http://www.alladvantage.com/home.asp?refid=AUX-497>Get cash as you surf
the web. Start by clicking here.