C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bruce notte <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Sep 2000 13:42:28 -0400
Thanks Linn.

Right now Anthony's PT is funded by his school and I know they won't cover the
horseback riding even though it is therapeutic.

If I get a script from his orthopedic doctor, can I just go to the DDD and ask
them for funding? Should the script say hippo therapy or just physical therapy
and leave out the "horse" part. Right now his physical therapist uses balls,
walkers and an adapted bike with Anthony. Couldn't a horse be considered a type
of adapted equipment? I realize it's a horse is not an inanimate object but if it
has the same therapeutic effect, what's the difference? Am I stretching it to
much? Sometimes it just a matter of using the correct terminology.

Any more advice would be great. Thanks in advance.