C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Kyle E. Cleveland" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Sep 1999 12:16:27 -0400
Get 'em a pair of cheap 3-D glasses that come with 3-D videos and watch the
movie.  If they see either just red or blue then it's likely they don't have
binocular vision.  Most optometrists will have a device for checking binoc
vision.  It just consists of two balls--one large ball suspended in the
middle of a box and another, smaller, ball that spins around the first.  The
optometrist spins the device and asks the patient if the smaller ball is
behind or in front of the larger--hence the determination of whether or not
the patient can see depth.

As far as the other being an ability/disability, well, I tend to agree with
you.  My original education past high school was as in audio engineering and
it really helped with the more subjective aspects by being able to "see" the
music as well as hear it.