C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kendall David Corbett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 May 2005 14:09:50 -0600
Mike,

Where are you, and how recently were you told by that "doctor" that you
should be sterilized?  My Mom did her nurses training in the late 40's
at a University where girls with disabilities (but not boys) were
routinely sterilized until the 60's.  Interestingly enough, my wife, as
a kid, attended the Hospital School at that same university during the
summer until she was 12 or so for PT, OT, and Speech because the little
town she lived in didn't have those services.

Kendall Corbett

-George Bernard Shaw 1856-1950