C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 2 Nov 2001 08:09:40 EST
The road rage problem tells me that too many people have no business owning a
gun.

There's a lot of good information about gun safety at nra.org.  I know not
everybody is fond of the NRA, but the safety information is good.

In a message dated 11/01/2001 5:28:34 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> Gun ownership is a 24/7 responsibility. No exceptions, no excuses, and no
>  room for error. I believe that gun control means using both hands, but I
>  also believe in training, training, training, and practice, practice,
>  practice. Some people get their weapons training the way they get their
fire
>  extinguisher training, that's what scares me.
>
>  It isn't the weapon that concerns me, it's the person who is in charge of
it.

>  There is no such thing as an accident.
>
>  I totalloy agree.  Over the last year I have found pistol target shoot
> really a lot of fun and I enjoy being around other guys away from my 9 to 5
> of social work disabiolity issues.  Some of the guys I see at the range
> though I wonder about and try to stay at least two or three lanes away from
> when I go to shoot.  I beleive a good strong safe for the gun is just as
> important as the gun itself and wouldn't consider having one without the
> other. I didn't grow up in the south but my parents did so I guess some of
> the "culture" rubbed off on me. I never got into the hunting thing though.
>

>  Bill Hyatt
>  "I live in my own little world, but it's OK, they know me here."

Betty
aut viam inveniam aut faciam
"I will either find a way or make one."