C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Emma G Murphy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Apr 2001 21:05:20 +1000
Hi Rayna,

it is scary sometimes, isn't it?? Feeling like it's getting worse, I mean.  I do too- my back's
a lot sorer  than it used to be, and if I ever mention it, talk about fears of the future, my
mother tells  me to think positively.  We never really talked about it as a family.   What kind
of assistance are you needing/getting these days? Who if anybody do you live with.

The thing with uni is that, although  I know that I'm "in the right"- that the uni is not
meeting it's obligations- I am just finding it all a bit exhausting and overwhelming etc, and
think it might be easier just to transfer.  My father thinks that's a bit of a cop out, but you
know, I just call it getting out of a yukky situation.

Mag- what I really need in order to study is a laptop- with a battery so that I can take notes
in lecture theatres etc.  They have given me a laptop (tediously old and slow) but so far no
battery, and that's a whole term gone without any lecture notes....

Well, I have to have one more play with my dog then go to bed, I think.  By the way,  mag,
what's your cat's name?

Joining this list has been such a wonderful thing to do.  In the last few days I've been able to
talk more frankly and openly about cp than I have in 22 years!! Thank you