C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Christene Eggie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Sep 2000 17:58:03 EDT
I've never posted here before, so, forgive me if I'm not doing this right.  I
wanted to post somewhere where people would understand.  My 1 year old was
diagnosed with CP when he was 6 1/2 mos. old.  He gets therapy 5 times per
week and I thought he was doing wonderful.  He's eating now, rolling over,
playing, smiling and is so happy.  However, due to an inconclusive MRI, I
asked for a second opinion.  I wanted to make sure we weren't missing
anything.  I just came home from the worst appointment.  The new neurologist
said he is functioning at a 2-3 month level and has low intelligence.
Hello???  He is 13 mos. and everyone who works with him says he has come so
far.  In fact cognitively, he's close to at level on the charts.  Physically
is another story.  I'm so irate that a doctor would make that type of
judgment after seeing him for 15 minutes.  So many factors could have been
involved, maybe he was tired, hungry, didn't like him.  I don't deny my son
has developmental delays, I am not in denial.  In fact I'm the one who
insisted on seeing a neurologist.  What a quack!!!  Does anyone have any
input?  I guess I just wanted to rant!
Thanks,
Christene