C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gary Peterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Feb 2006 20:58:40 -0600
Please note:
This post contains language that some might find offensive.

Dear Bobby,

I'm really bummed out that I didn't get to say goodby to you before
you left us all way to soon.  In my gut and my heart I feel like
shit right now!!  But it is my belief and my hope that you're on
the other side now, and you will have many more life times to
come!!

When I read of you're passing late last evening, at first I was
stunned!!  Don't know if I ever told you this Bobby, but I'm a real
control freak.  So I found myself going into control mode, looking
for any way to take those words off my screen.  To do or say
anything so as to deny what I had just read.  I told myself:
"There's no way Bobby is gone.  This is someone's very cruel
attempt  to try and spam  the list!!"

Sometime later I sent a short post to the list.  As I was writing,
John Cougar Mellencamp's  Authority Song came on my radio.  Don't
know if you were a rocker from the late 70's but the chorus of the
song goes:
"I fight authority, Authority always wins."

Suddenly I was aware of a smile crossing my face.  Then, I started
to laugh.  At first, I had no idea why I was laughing.  I thought
maybe I had went into some sort of mild shock or something.  Then
it hit me!  I realized I started laughing just as the song got to
the line where John Mellencamp sings:
"I fight authority, Authority always wins
     I fight authority, Authority always wins
     I been doin it since I was a young kid
ani come out grinnin'
I fight authority, Authority always wins"

So don't know if you planed for it to happen this way but the "I
fight authority" line  brought you into my focus right then and
there!!  Although we never had the pleasure of being in each others
company, knowing you all these years via your many posts to this
list, I just know you were never afraid to fight authority when you
had to!! And I cant help but feel the majority of the time you
kicked the fucking crap out of authority and came out grinning!!

At the same time, I'm feeling you were a very kind gentle sole.
Bet you were one hell of a teacher too!!

So as I sit here now trying to find a way to close this I find I'm
at a loss.  What I do know for sure, is I'm not gonna end with
goodby.  I'm not gonna end with goodby because I know you'll always
be here with me and all the rest of us!!

So Bobby where ever your never ending life journey takes you, givem
fucking hell when ya need too!!  At the same time please continue
to be the kind gentle sole that I and all the rest of us here know
you to be.

Bobby, this one's for you!!!

Gary