C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jennifer Zubko <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Nov 2001 11:34:29 -0500
Hello Betty,

The portion of the letter from my cousin Bianca re: Christmas was =
directed at me. That is the reason why I posted her whole note to me-- =
with it greeting addressing me, to the list, with an explaination.  She =
is taking a course in disability studies at the University of Toronto, =
and wanted my help defining some terms for her paper.  I have CP.     I =
thought it would be valuable for my cousin to get definitions from all sorts of people from all nwalks of life, so I posted her mnote to me to the list. The words she needs defined for her paper are:

Normalcy
Impairment
Disability
Sexuality
Advocacy
Capacities
Medical Model
Social Model
Culture
Media
Doctors/ 'experts'

She just wants to know what these words mean to you...

Sorry for the last skewed post, but my computer died before the message was ready to be sent, then sent it anyway.

Hope this helps. You can e-mail answers back to me if you have the time to help....
I will forward them on.
Thanks
Jenn