C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Mon, 9 Jun 2008 12:02:00 -0600
Kathy Jo,

As Mag said, CP and arthritis and other repetitive strain injuries often do
occur together.  I've got arthritis in my neck and I think I'm developing it
in my right hand/arm.  PT and OT are very helpful.  Massage therapy also
helps a lot.  Janet (my beautiful wife) also has CP and tendonitis in both
arms and knees, and so does a lot of ice therapy.  Talk to your PT, and if
there is Feldenkrais therapy available in your area, it'd be worth looking
into as well.  It can help you learn different ways of doing things, so you
don't re-aggravate other injuries and arthritis and such.

--

Kendall

depends on the unreasonable man.

-George Bernard Shaw 1856-1950