C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Beth Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Aug 2000 21:57:09 -0400
Hi Bobby,

I do have an h/p placard and plates.  When I go most places, I tend to take my
'mobilator' with me.  It is like a walker, except it has wheels (not rubber
stoppers), and will roll up ramps, etc.  I don't sit down to operate it - I push
it like a walker.  So, I do take the h/p parking places, and don't have any
qualms about it.  However, I don't take my mobilator to work, as mostly my job
is sitting down and it would be more in the way, than a help........  generally
speaking I take the mobilator if I know I'll be in a crowded area, or if I'm
outside (I find it harder to walk outside, ground is uneven), or if I'm going a
place I'm unfamiliar with, I will take it - otherwise I usually go it alone.
Oh- I do take it shopping unless I'm going some place like Walmart that has
grocery carts..... that works just as well as my mobilator!

See ya
Beth

--
Don't forget to visit http://rvs.netporch.com/ for RVS fan pics, rvsfans