C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Tue, 9 Jun 2009 17:28:59 +0000
Mag,

I like your subject and loved your letter! A friend who does the type of
work I do at the UCLA UCEDD lost her job with the state budget cuts.
UCEDD's are largely grant funded, so her impact on UCLA's budget was small,
at best. Is there any place those of us outside the state can look at the
actual budgetary impact of the cuts on CA social service programs? Wyoming
is starting to make cuts, and we're going from $750 million budget
surpluses to a balanced budget. Wyoming has the lowest unemployment rate in
the nation, as of last month.

My sister and her partner both got their PhD's from Berkeley, and are
horrified at the cuts to education in CA.