C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Vince Montgomery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Jan 1999 19:24:37 -0800
Hi Gary et al

It's nice to see you around.

> I know this subject has come up a number of times since I've been on
> this list.  But I need to talk about it again because: Oh I don't
> know, I guess I'm just lonely.

This is a favorite subject of mine too.  It is the kind of subject that
is important to all of us, disabled or not.

---Snip---

> So right now, my add is running for the second week.  I've talked with 2
> women thus far, and although they were nice over the phone, I doubt if
> I'll hear from either of them again.  I've been very up-front about my
> disabillity.  I have nothing to hide.  What you see is what you get you
> know?

Your courage honors us.  People can have trouble with such
honesty.  But where I come from, honesty like yours earns
respect.

> So I guess what I'm asking here, is just to hear about different
> exsperiences that you've all had with this.  At different times in my

It has been my experience that my relationships come from the
unexpected corners of my world.  That is to say, I never planned
them.  Also, when I went looking for someone, it failed miserably
every time.  Basically I wasn't being myself, and the women knew
a phony when they saw one.

Things changed for me when I was just being me.  I became more
relaxed and approachable.  This has worked wonders for me.  It's
just about being real.  Having gotten to know you through this list,
Gary, I know that being real isn't a problem for you.

Relax and let it come to you.  When your meet the right one, there
will be know doubt in your mind.

Peace, my friend....

Vince

"The Universe Will Unfold As It Should."

        - Captain Spock

My (Award Winning!) Website was updated on December 11 1998

http://mypage.direct.ca/w/wheelie/index.html