C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
David Ciotola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Feb 2000 18:13:16 PST
Perk,
I know its hard to cope but your best bet is Friends
I will tell u you'll find them in the most unexpetced places.
My friends (angels) include a basketball coach, country music
DJ, Physical therapist...
It will be better.  I promise.

Write me sometime
David
Perk <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
I was born on July 5, 1971. It was a complicated birth. . . I couldn't =
cry , breathe or suck. The doctors thought I would be a vegetable the =
rest of my life. As a result of all of this , I was diagnosed with =
Cerebral Palsy at the age of three a half . I am very physically =
disabled because of all of this. I can't walk , talk , or feed myself. =
When I was four years old , I was the Cerebral Palsy Poster child. I =
went to Day Care for that had disabilities and Early Childhood. Then I =
went through all of school. When I was in fourth grade , I was put in to =
a special education class in school. I used to to drool a lot and I had =
a surgery to stop that. When I was a freshman in high school , I had =
what looked like seizures but actually it was suicidal attempts. I won =
the award for the outstanding handicapped citizen for the state of =
Wisconsin. I went to college and double majored in Data Entry and =
Accounting. I update telephone directories for a living. I do about =
twenty to thirty a year. I do it right from my home. I also make and =
sell my own greeting cards. As I mentioned before , I have had a lot of =
problems with depression and suicide. From 1992 to 1998 I was in =
counseling and from 1994-96, I was hospitalized seven times because of =
this. The reason of all of this is because I couldn't cope with having a =
disability. My family consists of a father , a mother and three =
brothers. I also have seven nieces and nephews . I collect angels. I'm =
really involved on the Internet. I'm on about five ListServs, ICQ, AOL =
Instant Messenger , and mIRC. My ICQ UIN # is 16632777. My screen name =
for AOL Instant Messenger is KJPink. The servers that I'm usually on on =
mIRC are BrightNet or ChatWorks, Talk City, and DALNet. I have a Home =
WebPage . It is at http://homepages.msn.com/WindowsWay/kjpink/.

My parents went to Hawaii.  While , they were there , I stayed with my =
brother , sister-in-law , and their family.  When I was there , I went =
to see my two of my nieces dance, went to their school to talk to two =
classes about my life as a person living with a disability , went to =
church , and I went to a movie entiled "RunAway Bride".  I also went to =
a basketball game which my youngest nephew played in.  Another place I =
went to is two librarie I also went shopping in Minnesota , for my =
brother lives not so far from the Minnesota boarder and I went to a boy =
scout soup supper because both of my nephews are scouts.

I accepted a new job!  I will be working with The Prenkte Romich =
Company.  The Prentke Romich Company made my electronic Communication =
Device called a Liberator.  The company is in Wooster, Ohio.  I will be =
a part of their Technical Service Department  , all from the comfort of =
my own home.  People call the company with a problem and I will either =
call or E-Mail them back. The Prentke Romich Company will pay expenses.  =
=20

I will go bowling every third week starting February twenty-first with =
SouthWest Opportunities Center.  I missed the first bowling session , =
January thirty-first because I was on vacation.  I only go to SouthWest =
Opportunities Center on Wednesdays, but , on the weeks I bowl , they are =
switching my day to be there at the center to Mondays. This will =
continue until April twenty-sixth.  Then, I guess tournaments will =
start.  =20

I am going to Camp Courageous again this summer!  Camp Courageous is a =
special camp for campers for special needs.  It is located in =
Monticello, Iowa.  I went last year and really enjoyed it.  I am going =
August thirteenth through eighteenth. =20
ICQ UIN #  16632777
AOL Instant Messenger ScreenName:  KJPink
Safety Ed:  http://www.safetyed.org
HomePage:  http://homepages.msn.com/WindowsWay/kjpink/