C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Linda Wagner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Apr 2001 20:26:01 -0400
Hi everyone,

My dad is retiring on April 27 after over 40 years of working as a mechanical designer.  As his only daughter, I want to give him something extra special to celebrate his retirement.  Anyone have any great ideas for me?  I know there are tons of funny shirts, mugs, hats etc...but I want something unique/original.

I've gone through my photos and found some of him and I and others of my parents, or just dad alone or with the pets thinking I could put some kind of collage together...I also thought about a special t-shirt with a photo on the front and a top ten list on the back...I am not a very witty person, though, so my list won't make it very exciting...Perhaps some of you could give me some good lines?

I also thought about using PowerPoint or to make a webpage with some music in the background that would be appropriate...Ideas here?  I was thinking of Johnny Paycheck's "Take this Job and Shove It" or (being a HUGE Kenny Rogers' fan myself) "Through the Years" or "Working for a Livin'"

Or if I could make some sort of certificate or plaque with a sentimental message??  But what message??

Anyone up for this challenge?  I need all the help I can get and the clock is ticking!

Linda