C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Anee Stanford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Apr 2001 12:35:09 EDT
Hi all-

Well this is I think the only cooking class at ISU.  The reason it's tought
through the PE department is that is a skill used in camping and outdoor
activites which are very popular here in Idaho.

I am in agreence with most  of you about taking PE.  I mean the only reason
to take it is really for soicalization (I have a habit of issolating my
self--once one of my friends said "after finals I am going to come check you
out of the library!) and exercise.  I have to admit that fencing has been
really great (I do it in my chair of course).

I don't know how much my health has improved but at least my bp is under
controll.  Now if I could just get my depression and anxiety under controll
we would be good to go.  However I know that this will improve through
continuing the team approch (me, my counslor, my friends, and my dr).   As
for my spasticity it comes and goes depending on how much stress I am under.

Anee