C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
TBTravis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 10 Sep 1999 21:50:26 -0400
Good evening all....I am new to the list and just wanted to introduce
myself and see what you all had to say.

My name is tara...I have a 3 1/2 year old spastic quad daughter.  She is
the light of my life...just like your children are I am sure!
heheheheh.   Her name is Jade Elizabeth.  Jade just started Non Cat
preschool this year and we are very happy for her.  She is non verbal,
doesn't use her arms, can't feed herself, is nearsighted, but is one of
the happiest children I know.

My question is....What have you all done to help reduce tone.  We are
using BOTOX injections every 4 months along with Zanaflex (muscle
relaxer) to help reduce tone.  The Zanaflex is really strong in the
daytime and makes her miserable till it wears off a little.  I have even
tried a half a pill!  No luck.  She is much too small for the Baclofin
Pump.  She is only 24 pounds at over 3 feet tall.  What wonder drug have
you all heard of to help reduce tone.
Thanks for listening...hope to meet you all soon.
Tara