C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Betty Alfred <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Feb 2000 03:09:40 EST
In a message dated 02/15/2000 3:03:49 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< I was in Salt lake City at the time. Some people were hesitant to do it
 because if someone went to court to fight it you were required to appear
 also. I never let that stand in my way and i never did it called to court. I
 gave out about 10 of those tickets when I thought about it. At times I was
 in to big of a hurry to really pay attention. >>

Thanks for the info Dave.  This is one of my pet peeves.  Actually I have
another with regard to the H/C parking issue.  I have noticed a tendency for
people with H/C permits to sometimes park part way into the access area of
the space.  Usually it seems to involve an older person, and I have the idea
that they may have acquired their disability in later years.  In that event,
they may not be connected with the disability community and may not have had
exposure to people who use wheelchairs and need that access area for van
lifts.  I would like to figure out a way to address that too.  I'm sure if
they thought about the ramifications of taking part of the access space they
would stop doing it.