C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jennifer Zubko <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Apr 2002 13:21:10 -0400
Hi Everyone,

I am really struggling-- both with completing exams and assignments, and
with something else. I write to ask for advice.

Here is the question: Should I write to the Movement Disorders team in
London (made me go through double blind study for intrathecal baclofen,
saying they wantyed to see if it improved pain, then hit nerves with the
lumbar puncture. I knew what day I was given the medication because I had
all the bad side effects. I then learned in a letter to a third party that I
was diagnosed with dystonia, am  now struggling with oral meds, exams, etc.
While I recoignise the amnou t of drug they would have given would not have
helped me (from, reading  many many articles) it does not seem fair and I am
still upset over it... Any advice on what to do? Am so downhearted, and need
help ASAP FROM A SURGEON. What would you do?
Thanks.
Jenn