C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
BrightIs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Mar 2000 16:39:42 -0500
I too have several disabilities, but not CP.  One is called Sjogrens
Syndrome, it effects only women and only the symptoms can be treated.  It
causes things like dry eyes, dry mouth and joint deterioration.  Basically
my immunity system has mistaken my tear ducts, salivary glands and other
glands that provide moisture to my body as foreign bodies and is attacking
them rendering them useless.  That's the best way I can describe it.  I also
suffer from severe myopia and ambliopyia in my right eye which also has a
retna crack and hundreds of "floaters."  My left eye is nearsighted and has
an astigmatism.  And the worst thing to live with is migraines, I know some
people don't think of these as disabling, but if you suffered through them
like I do, you would know how disabling they can be.
Well, good luck with your research.
Deborah mom of 4