C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Deri James <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 23:40:29 +0000
On Tuesday 12 Mar 2002 10:08 pm, Magenta Raine wrote:
> ken and Bobby,
>
> You both have dentures?  Can you tell me if you have a bridge or
> implants? Also did your dentist worry about yr. CP being a factor,
> or do you guys have mild CP and it does not affect your face?
>
> mag

Hi mag,

I had a top plate with just 1 tooth on it for a while. Didn't really
get on with it, it had a tendency to pop out at the drop of a hat,
coughs and sneezes were interesting phenomena (interesting problem to
calculate the escape velocity of a denture!!).

After losing the second plate in a year (trackside 11.30pm London ->
Marden) (along with a Chicken Vindaloo and several pints of Bitter),
I decided it wasn't for me. Soon after I knocked out my front 2 teeth
(pavement pizza), and I had implants put in (plus a litttle bridg to
the one missing). The bridge didn't last - swallowed while laughing
too much - didn't fancy having it refitted after that!!

Took a long while to find a dentist who would take me on - up until
20s I had to have general anaesthtics every time I had to have
anything done. I have had the same dentist the last 17 years who has
become very adept at when to withdraw the tackle.

Cheers

Deri